New York State Office of Medicaid Inspector General
Compliance Guidance Offers Guidance to Medicaid Providers
Editor’s Note: From 2010 through 2013, OMIG published documents under the heading “Compliance Alerts” which included subjects related to guidance on compliance matters. During 2014, the former Compliance Alerts that provide guidance will be updated and re-issued as Compliance Guidance if they provide guidance. If the previously published Compliance Alerts provide information, reminders, and other similar information, they will continue to be published as Compliance Alerts.
The Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG) will publish Compliance Guidance on a periodic basis. Compliance Guidance is not a regulation, but it is published to provide advice and guidance on how OMIG will interpret and apply legal and regulatory requirements associated with New York State’s mandatory compliance program obligation. OMIG highly recommends that Medicaid providers consult OMIG's Web site regularly for information on new Compliance Guidance and other information that will assist providers in their compliance efforts. OMIG also recommends that Medicaid providers subscribe to OMIG'sListserv, since we will announce the publication of new Compliance Guidance via the Listverv.
Providers with questions regarding Compliance Guidance or any Medicaid compliance-related issue should send inquiries to the Office of Medicaid Inspector General’s Bureau of Compliance by filling out the Contact Bureau of Compliance form.
Outdated Compliance Alerts have been removed from OMIG's website
- 2015 - 01: Medicaid Providers Revalidating Enrollment with the New York State Department of Health; Mandatory Compliance Program Obligations and Certification Requirement upon Revalidation
- 2015 - 02: Mandatory Compliance Program Requirement: Holding Company and Joint Venture Structures, Employee Vested with Responsibility for Day-to-Day Operation of the Compliance Program
- 2014 - 01: Element #6 System for Routine Identification of Risk Areas
- 2014 - 02: Certified Home Health Agencies (CHHA) Risk Areas
- 2014 - 03: Day Habilitation, Day Treatment, Residential Habilitation, and Medicaid Service Coordination Programs and Services Risk Areas
- 2014 - 04 Revision # 1: Inpatient Chemical Dependency Rehabilitation and Outpatient Chemical Dependency Services Risk Areas
- 2014 - 05: Mental Health Providers - Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Programs Risk Areas
- 2014 - 06: Mental Health Providers - Rehabilitation in Community Residences - Adult Services
- 2014 - 07: Transportation Providers Risk Areas